I have finally edited the video footage of my various trials of my Hebridean self steering system during and after my Netherlands cruise. This is a system I built over two weeks in July. Here’s the result.
Here are a few things I mention in the video that are worth repeating.
- When I set off, my Hebridean was not complete and I had no experience with wind vanes.
- This is a story about my Hebridean on my boat.
- Very small boats and junk rigs may require mods to the plans.
- I should have spent more time experimenting with the bungee.
- Don’t copy me until you have tried the system according to the plans.
Thank you everyone for your help and support with this project. Special thanks to John Fleming for showing great patience when dealing with me. Paul Thompson for keen technical insight. And Stephen Crowther for useful observations and support.
I’m sure the story’s not over yet, but part one is complete.